Monday, November 4, 2013

The Purr~fect Party








Kalia asked for a kitten party for her 9th birthday, and I wanted to make it sweet, but not too sweet!  It is one of the last few parties we will be having before the pre-teen years, so we're getting close to the time when I won't have a valid opinion about the party decor!  I also feel like this is the year when the girls are starting to distinguish between "cool" and "lame", so I figured if I added a few of the trendy geometrics, it would be the perfect juxtaposition of sweet and edgy.  The decor itself isn't exactly "edgy", but it is for a kitten party, right?! 

Each girl got a cat-ear headband and collar, and of course we painted whiskers and a nose on their faces.  I was a little worried about doing anything too babyish, but they were all thrilled to dress the part, and my husband and I got to hear lots of meow-ing for the duration of the party!  We went on a scavenger hunt for (candy) mice, and played a lot of kitten-themed games.  They also painted some cat faces I found at Michael's, and we put magnets on the back to make them somewhat useful.  We sent them home with their headbands, collars, magnets, candy, journals, and a little mouse. 

I will be sharing party "details" in the near future, so if you're interested, be sure to check back for some DIYs, individual shots of the decor, and a more detailed source list!

Sources:

Honeycomb balls & paper straws:  Shop Sweet Lulu
Cupcake liners: Cath Kidston

Photography:  Dawn of Details Portrait Art

A very special thanks to the talented Dawn, for taking such beautiful photos of Kalia's special day!  Be sure to check out her facebook page for her current photography projects and info.

No comments:

Post a Comment